Tortellini Soup with Basil
With the amount of work needed for the other parts of dinner I cheated and used premade tortellini.
My favorite way to have this is with my chicken, basil and goat cheese recipe for tortellini and ravioli. I promise, it is divine!
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 c
- fresh basil, chopped well
- 2 14.5oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes, not drained
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg
- cheese tortellini (about 12 ounces) or about 2 cups homemade tortellini
- shredded parmesan cheese (topper)
How to Make Tortellini Soup with Basil
- 1In the pot you plan to cook the soup, heat about 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until starts to become soft.
- 2Add garlic, spinach and 1/2 the basil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes with juices and remaining basil. Bring to a boil.
Add tortellini and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a low-medium setting. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 3Serve with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese