Tomato Chipotle Soup
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotles
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes in juice, 28 oz. each
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- cilantro leaves
How to Make Tomato Chipotle Soup
- 1Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, chipotles, and adobo sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minutes.
- 2Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer soup 30 minutes. Remove soup from heat and puree with blender til smooth.
- 3Stir in chopped cilantro and season soup with salt and black pepper. Garnish each serving with tortilla chips, sour cream or guacamole, and cilantro.