Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
3 lbripe tomatoes, peeled, quartered and seeded
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1leek, cleaned and chopped
1 mediumcarrot, chopped
4 cchicken stock
4 ozblue cheese, crumbled
3 Tbsphalf and half
1/4 cbasil leaves plus extra for garnish
6 ozbacon, crumbled
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Spread tomatoes in a shallow baking dish with garlic. Add seasoning and bake for 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add leek and carrot. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in stock and tomato mixture. Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add blue cheese, cream and basil. Whisk with immersion blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Reheat but do not boil. Serve with bacon crumbles and basil leaves for garnish.