Tasty Vegetable Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4-6 slicesalt pork or bacon ends
1medium onion, chopped
4 cchopped cabbage
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 cturnip, peeled and chopped
1/2 cparsnip, chopped, optional
2 largepotatoes, cubed
How to Make Tasty Vegetable Stew
- Render pork slices in a heavy saucepan.
- Cut slices in sereral pieces and return to the pan with the onion and pepper.
- Stir and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots, turnips and parsnip.
- Cook for 1/2 hour stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in potatoes and water.
- Cover closely and let steam for about 1 hour.
- Serve with freshly baked rolls.