Split Pea Soup with Chunky Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 csplit peas, yellow, dry
2plum tomatoes, chopped
1medium onion, chopped
2garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cchopped parsley
1 tspdried dill weed
2 csweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
2 cbroccoli florets
·chopped parsley, garnish
How to Make Split Pea Soup with Chunky Vegetables
- Soak peas in 4 cups of water for 4 hours or longer.
- In a medium saucepan, bring peas and soaking water to a boil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, until peas are very soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree 2 cups of pea mixture until smooth, adding a little extra water if necessary.
- Return pureed peas to the saucepan.
- Cover and keep warm.
- In a large deep pot, combine onion, garlic, parsley, dill, sweet potatoes and remaining 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer another 6 to 8 minutes, or until broccoli is tender but still crunchy.
- Add pea mixture reduce heat to low, cover and cook gently until just heated through.
- Serve garnished with parsley.