Sausages and Veggies
Catherine Thompson Floyd
- potato, diced
- onion, sliced in chunks
- carrot, sliced diagonally
- celery stalk, sliced diagnally
- 1/2-1 pkg
- sausage (kielbasa, summer, vegetarian, italian)
- 32 oz
- broth, any flavor, use vegetable if vegetarian
- cabbage, small wedge, chopped
- salt and pepper and seasoning of choice
How to Make Sausages and Veggies
- 1Chop vegetables about same size so they will cook evenly. Spray a saucepan with Pam spray.Heat on medium high and add veggies (except cabbage) and sausage. Saute to get them blended and cooking stirring to prevent burning.
- 2Add broth, stir. Turn down heat to simmer and cover. Cook till vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage. Simmer until cabbage is tender. Season with salt and pepper and seasoning of choice. Ladle into bowls and serve with slices of fresh hot bread or rye bread.
- 3Sometimes I use Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute, or Italian Seasoning or just parsley. For a change, use sweet peppers, okra, turnips, or other veggies you like.