Saffron Corn Chowder
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cchopped onion
1leek, cleaned and chopped
5 cfrozen corn
1 ccooked, cubed potatoes
2 can(s)chicken broth, (14 ounce each)
1red bell pepper, chopped
1/2green bell pepper, chopped
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Saffron Corn Chowder
- Melt butter in a 4 quart Dutch oven. Add onion and leek and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add corn and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring. Add one can of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until corn is very tender.
- Remove from heat and cool a bit. Place half of corn mixture in blender and blend until smoothly pureed. Return this mixture to Dutch oven.
- Add remaining broth, potatoes, sweet peppers, black and cayenne pepper, and saffron.Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with chives or parsley.