Roasted Vegetable Soup with Garlic1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeeggplant, halved lengthwise
2 largeyellow onions, quartered
1 largered bell pepper, quartered
3plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/2 tspthyme, dried and crushed
1/2 tspbasil, dried and crushed
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Soup with Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange the eggplant and onions in a large shallow baking pan, brush the cut sides with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, tomatoes and garlic to the pan; brush the cut sides with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil; sprinkle the thyme, basil, salt and black pepper over the vegetables and bake 20 minutes more or until tender.
- Set aside the red pepper and 1 eggplant half.
- Chop the remaining half eggplant, onions, tomatoes and garlic and transfer them to a large saucepan; add the stock, bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the red pepper and dice the pulp. Dice the reserved eggplant.
- In a food processor or blender, working in batches if necessary, whirl the cooked mixture until pureed.
- Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in the diced eggplant and red pepper.
- Simmer the soup for 5 minutes or until heated through.