Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Peggy Sue Ross
·drizzle of olive oil
6 Tbsp(or about one half) chopped onion
4cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 tspdried marjoram
1/4 tspground black pepper
1/8 tspground cayenne pepper
1 pkg(8oz.) cream cheese
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash in half, lengthwise and remove center pulp and seeds. Drizzle cut halves with olive oil.
- Place squash on jellyroll or roasting pan cut side down for one hour.
- Allow squash to cool slightly, then peel off outer skin with vegetable peeler. Cut into 1 inch. chunks and set aside.
- *You may also puree in small batches in a blender or food processor if desired, until smooth. Then return to saucepan to add cream cheese just until melted.