Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
We made this soup and it was pretty good. We left out the cinnamon and mace and added nutmeg. We would make it again.
1.5 lbgolden acorn or butternut squash, cut into 4 wedges
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 largeyellow onion, chopped
1 largegarlic clove, finely chopped
2.25 cchicken broth
1/4 tspblack peppercorns, finely ground
1 cheavy or light cream
How to Make Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wrap each wedge of squash tightly in foil.
- Place foil packages on oven floor.
- Remove after 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan, and gently cook onion and garlic over medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to onion mixture, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Scoop out flesh from squash (discard seeds and skin), and add to soup.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Puree soup in food processor or blender, and stir in cream, cinnamon, and mace.
- Serve hot.