Rich Mushroom Soup
Simple, but very rich, it is pure comfort food to me.
However, it is also delicious and elegant enough to serve to company!
I hope you try and like it!
Multiply all ingredients as needed for more servings.
Photo by Bing.
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms
- 1 stick
- 2 c
- chicken stock (or broth)
- egg yolks
- 1 c
- salt and pepper to taste.
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
How to Make Rich Mushroom Soup
- 1Melt butter in small skillet. Roughly chop mushrooms and add to skillet. Slowly saute mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Lightly beat the egg yolks, and add them to the chicken stock. Pour into pan with mushrooms, and heat to medium.
- 3Slowly add cream to mushroom mixture, stirring and heating gently until thickened.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired.