Quick Potato Vegetable Chowder
Recipe and photo adapted from Land O'Lakes.
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- celery, 1 rib, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- 2-1/2 c
- 2 can(s)
- (14 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 c
- cubed red potatoes
- 2 c
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp
- thyme (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Quick Potato Vegetable Chowder
- 1Melt butter in 4 quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion and celery. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add flour; stir in milk and broth.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 12 to 14 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 2Add potatoes, frozen vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper.
Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.