☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 28 oz
- tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
- 2 c
- 1 can(s)
- garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c
- dried rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 c
- low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 c
- chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2-3 c
- baby spinach
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Quick Minestrone
- 1In a Dutch Oven combine tomatoes, water, garbanzo beans, pasta, broth, sweet pepper and Italian seasoning.
- 2Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir spinach into soup.
- 4If desired, top ladled soup with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- 5TIP: For a heartier version of this soup, substitute browned Italian Sausage or cut-up cooked chicken for the garbanzo beans. Vary the greens by swapping chopped fresh chard or kale for the spinach.