Quick Comfort Tomato Soup
He didn't use canned, condensed soup. The tomatoes were canned from the summer garden. The soup was simple, rich tasting and warming - to the body and the heart.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- 1 pound can of crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 2-3 tsp
- bouillon: chicken, beef, or vegetable as you desire
- 1-2 c
- water to desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoned salt
How to Make Quick Comfort Tomato Soup
- 1In a small stock pot or 3-4 quart sauce pan. Add canned tomatoes, water, bouillon, oil and seasoning.
- 2Set heat to medium. Stir occasionally. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- 3When heated through ladle into bowls and serve with grilled cheese or toast or crackers.
- 4Additional special presentations: some grated cheddar on top, a dollop of sour cream, a grate of fresh pepper.