Potato Soup with Swiss Cheese
·10-12 firm potatoes
1 largewhite onion, diced
1 Tbspchopped parsley
1 dash(es)cayenne pepper
1 dash(es)dried mustard
1 tspworcestershire sauce
·half and half
·swiss cheese, grated
How to Make Potato Soup with Swiss Cheese
- Boil and mash potatoes, and mix in the butter, salt and cream.
- Crisp the bacon and finely crumble it.
- Cook the onion in the bacon fat till tender but not dark
- Add to mashed potatoes along with parsley, cayenne, mustard, nutmeg and Worcestershire.
- Add enough top milk or light cream to give the consistency of cream soup
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and grated cheese over the top and brown lightly in the oven. Serve piping hot.