- 20 small
- potatoes, whole, unpeeled
- celery stalks, chopped
- 4 stick
- carrots, sliced
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 qt
- heavy cream
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 qt
- chicken stock, unseasoned
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (do not substitute)
- 2 to 4 chicken boulion cubes (opt)
- scallions, chopped for topping
How to Make Potato Soup
- 1Pre-cook potatoes with skins on, whole. When they are cooked through, remove them from the boiling water and place in a large bowl and place them in the refridgerator to cool. Once cool, cut them up into bite sized pieces (you may remove skins first if you wish).
- 2Chop up the onions, celery, green onions & bacon and slice the carrots.
- 3Shred the cheese and return it to the refridgerator.
- 4Cook up the bacon and return to the refridgerator.
- 5In a large crockpot add:
Heavy cream, chicken stock, veggies, potatoes, black pepper, & butter. Boulion cubes may also be added, 2 to 4, but leave them out if you're on a sodium restricted diet or you don't care for salty foods)
Let the soup cook for four to five hours. Just before serving, top the soup with the bacon, scallions, and cheese.