Potato Bacon Soup
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We just adore the creaminess of this soup. The flavors meld perfectly, no one ingredient overwhelming another. The Test Kitchen
- large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth, 14.5 oz
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, 10 3/4 oz.
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup,10 3/4 oz.
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- milk (for thinning, but i never use it. i like thick soup!)
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits or cooked crumbled bacon (use the amount you like...we love bacon around here!)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions
How to Make Potato Bacon Soup
- 1Cook potatoes & onion in chicken broth along with just enough water to cover potatoes & onions. Cook until tender. (Once tender, I used a potato masher to mash a few to make the soup kinda thick. Don't mash ALL the potatoes because you still want chunks of potato in the soup!).
- 2Add cubes of Cream Cheese. Remove from heat until cheese is melted. Return to low/medium heat.
- 3Add half the bacon, soups, butter, & spices. Cook for another 10 or so minutes.
- 4Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese & bacon pieces. I also used a little green onion to garnish.
** I added a small handful of shredded cheddar cheese to the soup when adding the bacon, soups, butter & spices....just because we love the cheddar taste! ****
Serve HOT & Enjoy! :)