Pork and Watercress Soup
I make it with watercress as that is my husbands favorite but if not in the store then I use bok choy which is MY favorite veggie for the soup. You can make a big pot of this soup or small.. I make a smaller pot since its just the two of us now.
- 2 qt
- water more or less
- thumb size fresh ginger smashed
- 3 to 4
- chicken bouillon cubes
- sea salt to taste
- pork cutlet cut in small pieces
- 1 bunch
- watercress or bok choy cabbage
- 1 medium
- egg, well stirred up
- shoyu sauce to taste
- black pepper to taste
How to Make Pork and Watercress Soup
- 1Put water in a pot and add the fresh smashed ginger and chicken bouillon. Cut the pork cutlet into small portions and add to the pot and then add salt.
Let this boil to cook the pork . Remove the scum from the pork off the top until there is a clear broth.
- 2Wash the watercress or bok choy cabbage well and then slice which ever one you decide to use for the soup.
Taste the broth to see if it needs more seasoning ( bouillon or salt). If the seasoning is ok then add the veggie of choice and cook in the broth for around 5 minutes ,, more or less. Add egg into the soup and cook a little while till egg is cooked. ( you can omit the egg if you like but we like it in the soup)
- 3when ready to serve laddle soup in a bowl and add the shoyu sauce and black pepper to taste.