Mushroom Vegetable Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspolive oil
2 conion, chopped
1.5 Tbspgarlic clove, minced
1/2 tspthyme, ground
1 lbfresh mushrooms
1/2 cbarley, dry
96 ozcanned chicken broth
2 Tbspfresh parsley
How to Make Mushroom Vegetable Barley Soup
- Clean and quarter the fresh mushrooms.
- Cut celery and carrots into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place oil in a large pot.
- Add chopped onions; cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until wilted.
- Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
- Add the barley, celery, carrots and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and the nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until barley and vegetables are tender.
- Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in the parsely just before serving piping hot.
- Clean mushrooms with damp towel never wash in water.