Mushroom Vegetable Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, ground
- bay leaf
- 1 lb
- fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- barley, dry
- celery stalks
- medium carrots
- 96 oz
- canned chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley
How to Make Mushroom Vegetable Barley Soup
- 1Clean and quarter the fresh mushrooms.
- 2Cut celery and carrots into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Place oil in a large pot.
- 4Add chopped onions; cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until wilted.
- 5Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- 6Add mushrooms and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
- 7Add the barley, celery, carrots and broth.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste and the nutmeg.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until barley and vegetables are tender.
- 10Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- 11Remove bay leaf.
- 12Stir in the parsely just before serving piping hot.
- 13Clean mushrooms with damp towel never wash in water.