Mint and Fresh Pea Soup
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin plus extra for serving
- 1/4 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1 medium
- red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 c
- fresh peas, shelled or frozen petite baby peas
- 1 c
- mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 pt
- vegetable stock
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated (optional)
Add 3/4 of the peas, the chopped mint leaves, and 3/4 stock. Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook on a medium boil for 10 minutes.
Serve with crusty, fresh bread.
This soup is also delicious cold, but not chilled.