Mint and Fresh Pea Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin plus extra for serving
1/4 stickbutter, unsalted
1 mediumred onion, peeled and finely chopped
5 cfresh peas, shelled or frozen petite baby peas
1 cmint leaves, roughly chopped
1 3/4 ptvegetable stock
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated (optional)
How to Make Mint and Fresh Pea Soup
- Gently heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and cook on a gentle heat for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft but not brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add 3/4 of the peas, the chopped mint leaves, and 3/4 stock. Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook on a medium boil for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor, you will have a thick puree. Return the puree to the pan, season with salt and pepper and add the remaining peas and stock.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with crusty, fresh bread.
- If using Parmesan cheese place a small mound in the center of the bowl and pour the soup around. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
This soup is also delicious cold, but not chilled.