Lizbeth Elliott's KY Veggie Soup
Dee Dee Madison
In the winter you can make it with frozen veggies and in the summer, do fresh veggies.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 large
- cans of whole tomatoes
- 1 large
- onion chopped (into medium chunks) and one cup of thinly sliced celery
- 4 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- each: garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin
- 1 pkg
- large of frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots)
- play with your spices and add what you like.
How to Make Lizbeth Elliott's KY Veggie Soup
- 1In a Dutch Oven, crumble and fry (on medium heat)ground beef until done. Sit ground beef aside in a bowl.
- 2Wipe off bottom of dutch oven and put back on the stove. On medium heat, saute the onion and celery - cook until translucent. Add spices and mix well.
- 3Open cans of Tomatoes and pour each can into the Dutch Oven. Fill each can twice with water and pour into the Dutch Oven. Bring the soup back to a rolling boil(high). Let boil for five minutes and turn back to a simmer (low). Put a lid on the pot and cook on low for about 4-5 hours. Stir every 30-minutes or so. Turn the soup off and let sit - the longer it sits, the more the flavors mix.