Lentil and Vegetable Stew
1 1/2 clentils, dry
2medium potatoes, pared, cut into chunks
1medium onion, chopped
1celery stalk, chopped
2cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbspsnipped fresh parsley
1 Tbspinstant beef bouillon or vegetable bouillion
1 tspground cumin
3 largekale or swiss chard leaves, roughly chopped
·garnish with crumbled feta
How to Make Lentil and Vegetable Stew
- Heat water and lentils to boiling in dutch oven.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook until lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, bouillon, salt and cumin.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- stir in kale or swiss chard.
- Cover and cook until chard is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- garnish with crumbled feta cheese.