Kale and White Bean Stew
Blending the beans in the stock adds a nice creaminess to the broth without having to add any heavy cream.
Under 200 calories per serving (according to calorie calculator)
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 smallyellow onion, diced
2 mediumcarrots, sliced
2 mediumcelery stalks, sliced
1 can(s)cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cfrozen baby lima beans, thawed
6 cvegetable broth
1 bunchkale, trimmed and chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Kale and White Bean Stew
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery. Saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add cannelini beans, lima beans, broth, oregano, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer half of soup to blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Stir mixture back into remaining soup in pot.
- Add kale. Cook 5 minutes more, or until kale has wilted into soup.
- Serve immediately.