★★★★★ 1 vote5
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large
- rutabaga or turnip, peeled and chopped
- butternut squash or acorn squash, peeled and chopped
- onions, chopped
- 64 oz
- chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 1 bunch
- parsley, fresh
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Jan's Root Vegetable Soup
- 1Peel and cut vegetables. Place vegetables in a large stock pot with the chicken broth.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Add ½ bunch of parsley and bay leaf.
- 3Boil until all vegetables are tender.
- 4Remove bay leaf and discard. Remove vegetables but reserve the stock.
- 5Puree the vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 6Add puree into soup stock and mix well into the until soup stock.
- 7Garnish with remaining parsley when serving.