★★★★★ 1 vote5
6potatoes, peeled and quartered
6carrots, peeled and chopped
1 largerutabaga or turnip, peeled and chopped
1butternut squash or acorn squash, peeled and chopped
64 ozchicken broth
1 bunchparsley, fresh
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Jan's Root Vegetable Soup
- Peel and cut vegetables. Place vegetables in a large stock pot with the chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add ½ bunch of parsley and bay leaf.
- Boil until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and discard. Remove vegetables but reserve the stock.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add puree into soup stock and mix well into the until soup stock.
- Garnish with remaining parsley when serving.