Italian Broccoli Soup
2-4 Tbspolive oil
4-5 clovegarlic (chopped)
2 largeheads of fresh broccoli (stems removed) or 1 extra large (huge) size frozen broccoli florets
2-3 Tbspdry red wine (optional)
ITALIAN BROCCOLI SOUP
1 lbpasta (shells, ditalini, elbows, etc.)
How to Make Italian Broccoli Soup
- Chop garlic, doesn't have to be fine
- add oil to pan (small-medium stock size) Add garlic, saute until softened slightly
- Add Costco sized can of crushed tomatoes/ add broccoli / stir/ can add wine at this step/ Add Salt & pepper to taste (because of tomatoes I usually don't salt at all)
- Boil water for ditalini, penne, or elbow pasta. Cook according to directions,drain, set aside
- Cook until broccoli is tender, stirring frequently. (approx. 20-25 min)
- Dish up pasta in soup bowls, ladle broccoli soup over
- Great w/parmesan, asiago, or any other hard italian cheese grated on top.
- Enjoy! Great w/Italian crusty bread.....warmed up of course! My kids love this in summer minus the pasta, served cold....