Italian Arugula and Potato Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- new potatoes
- 3 3/4 c
- well-flavored vegetable stock
- 1 medium
- 4 oz
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- loaf stale ciabatta bread, torn into chumks
- 4 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Italian Arugula and Potato Soup
- 1Dice the potatoes. Place them in a saucepan with the stock and alittle salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Finely dice the carrot and add to the potatoes and stock. Tear the arugula leaves and drop into the pan.Simmer for 15 minutes longer until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Add the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste, and the chunks of bread. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave to stand about 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile,saute the garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Pour the soup into bowls and add alittle of the garlic to each bowl. Serve at immediately.