- 1 1/2 c
- ham, cubed or small slices (more or less to taste)
- 2 can(s)
- basil, garlic & oregano diced tomatoes
- first use any cooked leftover frozen vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ham Vegetable Soup
- 1In a large soup or stock pot, add cans of tomatoes. Refill cans with water (rinsing cans) and add the water to the pot. Heat on medium-high. Once tomatoes are starting a slow roll boil, add ham and any leftover cooked vegetables. We save any leftover vegetables in the same container, just for making this soup.
- 2Once the soup begins to slow boil again, taste and see what soup seasonings you would like to add for your personal taste. If you can't find the seasoned tomatoes, just add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon of basil seasonings for taste.
- 3If you don't safe or freeze leftover cooked vegetables; we've added canned vegetables if we want to eat in a hurry. And if we don't feel real hungry, we've added frozen mixed vegetables. This recipe is very versatile and easy to fix.