Ham and Potato Soup
- 1 c
- minced ham
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings
- 4 medium
- potatoes,peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 4-6 c
- water ( or chicken stock in place of water and bouillon cubes)
- 2-3 c
- instant potato flakes, dry
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 c
- hot milk
- you can use fresh garlic and onion. i have to use the powder so my husband and children doesn't know it's in there.
How to Make Ham and Potato Soup
- 1Place bacon drippings and ham into large stock pot,cook until caramelized.Remove from pot.
- 2Add 4 cups of the water and bouillon cubes or your chicken stock if you're using that, to the same pot.You may need the other 2 cups of water or stock if your soup gets to thick.
- 3Place potatoes into the pot,add salt,pepper,garlic and onion powders and cook until tender.
- 4Heat milk,add to cooked potatoes slowly add instant potatoes,starting with 2 cups,stirring constantly.If you want the soup thicker, add more instant potatoes.
- 5Add your ham back into soup.Serve hot with shredded cheese or as is. Enjoy!