Ham and Potato Soup
1 cminced ham
2 Tbspbacon drippings
4 mediumpotatoes,peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
4chicken bouillon cubes
4-6 cwater ( or chicken stock in place of water and bouillon cubes)
2-3 cinstant potato flakes, dry
·salt and pepper, to your taste
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbsponion powder
1 1/2 chot milk
Noteyou can use fresh garlic and onion. i have to use the powder so my husband and children doesn't know it's in there.
How to Make Ham and Potato Soup
- Place bacon drippings and ham into large stock pot,cook until caramelized.Remove from pot.
- Add 4 cups of the water and bouillon cubes or your chicken stock if you're using that, to the same pot.You may need the other 2 cups of water or stock if your soup gets to thick.
- Place potatoes into the pot,add salt,pepper,garlic and onion powders and cook until tender.
- Heat milk,add to cooked potatoes slowly add instant potatoes,starting with 2 cups,stirring constantly.If you want the soup thicker, add more instant potatoes.
- Add your ham back into soup.Serve hot with shredded cheese or as is. Enjoy!