Grandma's Potato Soup
4-5potatoes, medium-peeled and cubed
1-2onions, vidalia, peeled and sliced(cut in half,then slice like half moons)
2 1/2 Tbspflour
·butter or margarine
·salt and pepper,to taste
How to Make Grandma's Potato Soup
- Put potatoes and onions in a pot.Cover with cold water.Cook on medium high heat till boiling.Boil until fork tender.
- In a tall glass put in the flour and pour in evaporated milk till glass is half full.Fill the rest of the way up with cold water.Stir until completely mixed.
- When potatoes are done pour the milk/flour mixture in while potatoes and onions are boiling.I pour it thru a strainer to keep from having lumps.
- Add butter or margarine.I use about 4 tablespoons.Add salt and pepper to taste.Cook untill thickened.
- Serve over white loaf bread.Or I used French bread,cubed.