How to Make Gotta Go Soup
- 1If you do not have enough vegetables add a package of frozen mixed vegetable and combine any bits of leftover vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, carrots, green beans, potatoes, etc.), leftover salad (the dressing adds flavor) and enough chicken broth to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Puree soup in blender or food processor, adding more chicken broth or water if necessary to thin soup.
- 5Return to saucepan and season to taste with herbs and seasonings of your choice.
- 6If desired, 1/2-1 cup of heavy cream may also be added.
- 7Serve hot and garnish with a tablespoon of dry sherry for company. NOTE: If you do not have enough leftover vegetables to make the soup, add a can of zucchini in tomato sauce or a package of frozen mixed vegetables.