How to Make Gotta Go Soup
- If you do not have enough vegetables add a package of frozen mixed vegetable and combine any bits of leftover vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, carrots, green beans, potatoes, etc.), leftover salad (the dressing adds flavor) and enough chicken broth to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor, adding more chicken broth or water if necessary to thin soup.
- Return to saucepan and season to taste with herbs and seasonings of your choice.
- If desired, 1/2-1 cup of heavy cream may also be added.
- Serve hot and garnish with a tablespoon of dry sherry for company. NOTE: If you do not have enough leftover vegetables to make the soup, add a can of zucchini in tomato sauce or a package of frozen mixed vegetables.