★★★★★ 1 vote5
- yellow squash, sliced
- carrots, sliced
- onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- 13 oz
- evaporated milk
- parsley, fresh and chopped
How to Make Golden Squash and Carrot Bisque
- 1In 2-quart saucepan combine sliced summer squash, carrots, onion, chicken broth, and salt; bring to boiling.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
- 3Turn half the mixture into blender container or food processor, cover and blend until smooth.
- 4Pour into bowl; repeat with remaining mixture.
- 5Stir in evaporated milk; cover and chill.
- 6Sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- 7Microwave cooking directions: Use ingredients as listed above.
- 8In 2 quart nonmetal casserole combine squash, carrots, and onion; sprinkle with salt.
- 9Cook, covered with waxed paper, in countertop microwave oven on high power about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- 10In blender container or food processor combine half the cooked vegetables and half the chicken broth; cover and blend until smooth then turn into a bowl.
- 11Repeat with remaining vegetables and broth.
- 12Stir in the evaporated milk; cover and chill, then sprinkle with parsley.