★★★★★ 1 vote5
3yellow squash, sliced
1 3/4 cchicken broth
13 ozevaporated milk
·parsley, fresh and chopped
How to Make Golden Squash and Carrot Bisque
- In 2-quart saucepan combine sliced summer squash, carrots, onion, chicken broth, and salt; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
- Turn half the mixture into blender container or food processor, cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl; repeat with remaining mixture.
- Stir in evaporated milk; cover and chill.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- Microwave cooking directions: Use ingredients as listed above.
- In 2 quart nonmetal casserole combine squash, carrots, and onion; sprinkle with salt.
- Cook, covered with waxed paper, in countertop microwave oven on high power about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- In blender container or food processor combine half the cooked vegetables and half the chicken broth; cover and blend until smooth then turn into a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables and broth.
- Stir in the evaporated milk; cover and chill, then sprinkle with parsley.