Garlic Soup for Two (can be doubled or tripled)
Recipe was clipped from a newspaper but I do ot have the name or date of the paper, just the old clipped out reipe.
- head garlic, not 1 clove, use full head of cloves
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- heavy cream or half and half
- several slices day old french bread
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped green onion or parsley for garnish
CAN BE DOUBLED OR TRIPLED
How to Make Garlic Soup for Two (can be doubled or tripled)
- 1If you are making more than two servings you may need to process your soup two servings at a time, deoending on the size of your processor.
Separate garlic cloves from head, peel and chop. Saute garlic and chopped onion in olive oil just until onions are translucent. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Slowly add chicken stock and then cream. You do not want to get this mixture frothy so go slowly.
- 2Add small pieces of bread to the mixture and continue to process. Continue to add bread until soup reaches the thickness you prefer. The more bread you use the thicker the consistency of the soup.
When you are satisified with the thickness of this mixture pour it into a saucepan and heat. Add seasonings to taste and simmer for 8-9 minutes. Serve hot garnished with chopped green onion or parsley as desired.
Serve hot with French bread on the side.