Garden Salad Soup
- 1 1/4 lbs. new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 fresh head boston lettuce, romaine, or oak leaf lettuce
- 2 cups buttermilk or 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, or scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
Rinse and spin dry salad greens. Tear into small pieces and divide among soup bowls. Mound 3/4 cup warm potatoes in each bowl. Pour 1/2 cup buttermilk or spoon 1/4 cup sour cream into each bowl.Sprinkle with green onions or scallions, salt and pepper.