Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 tspdried basil
3 tspgarlic powder
2 Tbspdried parsley
1/2 smallcauliflower head
2 smallzucchinis, sliced
1/2 lbfresh or frozen peas
·salt to taste
How to Make Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup
- Chop onion, slice celery, slice carrots 1/8 inch thick.
- Peel and cube potatoes, peel and dice tomatoes.
- Break cauliflower into flowerets.
- Slice zucchini 1/4 inch thick.
- In a 5 quart pan over medium heat, saute, with a small amount of water until tender, onion, celery and carrots.
- Add the other ingredients to the pan: the potatoes, tomatoes additional water, basil, garlic powder, bay leaf, thyme and parsley.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and zucchini and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add peas and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt if desired.
- Garnish with a small celery heart stalk with the leaves still attached, if desired.