Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- medium onion
- stalk celery
- 1 large
- 2 large
- 4 c
- 3 tsp
- dried basil
- 3 tsp
- garlic powder
- bay leaf
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 1/2 small
- cauliflower head
- 2 small
- zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 lb
- fresh or frozen peas
- salt to taste
How to Make Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup
- 1Chop onion, slice celery, slice carrots 1/8 inch thick.
- 2Peel and cube potatoes, peel and dice tomatoes.
- 3Break cauliflower into flowerets.
- 4Slice zucchini 1/4 inch thick.
- 5In a 5 quart pan over medium heat, saute, with a small amount of water until tender, onion, celery and carrots.
- 6Add the other ingredients to the pan: the potatoes, tomatoes additional water, basil, garlic powder, bay leaf, thyme and parsley.
- 7Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8Add cauliflower and zucchini and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 9Add peas and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- 10Season to taste with salt if desired.
- 12Garnish with a small celery heart stalk with the leaves still attached, if desired.