French Onion Soup
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 4 can(s)
- beef broth (14oz each)
- 1 can(s)
- beef consommé, undiluted (10.75oz)
- fresh mozzarella, sliced or shredded, if desired
- day old ciabatta bread or baguette, if desired
How to Make French Onion Soup
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy pot and sauté onions over medium low heat until they soften and turn golden brown.
- 2Add beef broth and consommé and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3To make au grautin (like picture): top with toasted bread and cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese melts and gets bubbly.