Fabulous Chick-Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1.5 tspolive oil
2garlic cloves, minced
3 largecarrots, sliced
1 smallsweet potato, sliced
16 ozchickpeas, drained, rinsed and cooked
4 cchicken broth, low-fat
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Fabulous Chick-Pea Soup
- Heat the olive oil and a generous spray of the cooking spray in a large pot for 45 seconds.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- You may have to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water to prevent the onions from burning.
- Stir in the carrots, sweet potato, chick-peas, and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree.
- Return to the pot, then stir in the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat just to the boiling point, and serve immediately.
- Serve with a green salad and some crusty breads - Freezes well.