Fabulous Chick-Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1.5 tsp
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- onion, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large
- carrots, sliced
- 1 small
- sweet potato, sliced
- 16 oz
- chickpeas, drained, rinsed and cooked
- 4 c
- chicken broth, low-fat
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Fabulous Chick-Pea Soup
- 1Heat the olive oil and a generous spray of the cooking spray in a large pot for 45 seconds.
- 2Stir in the onions and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- 3You may have to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water to prevent the onions from burning.
- 4Stir in the carrots, sweet potato, chick-peas, and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- 5Remove from heat and puree.
- 6Return to the pot, then stir in the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Reheat just to the boiling point, and serve immediately.
- 8Serve with a green salad and some crusty breads - Freezes well.