Easy Vegetable Soup for a Week
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes. i use 1 can jalapeno pepper flavor for added spice and one italian herb.
- 3 - 4
- green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 2 box
- chicken broth
- envelope dry lipton soup mix, chicken noodle flavor
- 1 bunch
- celery, diced/chopped
- 2 can(s)
- green beans, juice and all
- 2 lb
- carrots - sliced about a half inch thick
- green peppers, diced in large pieces
- enough water to cover vegetables and fill pot
How to Make Easy Vegetable Soup for a Week
- 1Do use the flavors of tomatoes I did. You will get a very spicy and flavorful soup. Use a Very large stock pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Cut vegetables into small to medium pieces. Put everything together into stock pot.
- 3Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes
- 4Reduce to a simmer and cook until veggies are tender, about 1/2 hr.
- 5If desired, you can reduce the amount of carrots by about 1 lb and add 1/2 head cabbage, cut in 1 inch pieces.
- 6Recipe can be halved. This is a very forgiving soup. You can add more or less of the fresh veggies you like. It doesn't need much additional seasoning, because the dry soup mix and the spicy tomatoes add lots of flavor. If you do want to add more seasoning, use any combination of parsley, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire or hot sauce.