Easy Potato Soup
I have also made it with and without bacon bits. Both are very good and hearty.
1/2yellow onion, diced
2 Tbspfresh garlic, chopped
1/2 cfresh bacon bits (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)evaporated milk
1 qtcottage cheese, small curd
How to Make Easy Potato Soup
- Cut potatoes length wise in quarters and then dice into about 1/4 inch think chunks and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat,saute',butter,garlic,onion, bacon bits, salt and pepper. Until onions are tender.
- Add potatoes and just cover with water. Turn heat up to med high and boil until the potatoes are soft. Stirring occasionally. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add evaporated milk and cottage cheese and turn heat to medium. Stirring until the cottage cheese is dissolved or barely seen in soup.
- Serve hot with your favorite crackers or bread. Can garnish with bacon bits and scallions.