Curried Vegetable Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.33 csplit peas, green or yellow, dried
1/4 tspturmeric, ground
1 Tbspsafflower oil
1 tspcurry powder
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 ccarrot, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
14 ozplum tomatoes, chopped and undrained
2 Tbspcilantro, chopped
How to Make Curried Vegetable Soup
- In a large sauce pan, combine peas, turmeric and 4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until peas are tender, about 1 hour, then drain.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat (You may need to add up to 2 tablespoons more oil); add curry and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add onions, carrots and celery; cook 3 minutes.
- Add peas, 1 1/2 cups water, tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook, covered 10 minutes.
- Transfer half the mixture to food processor or blender and puree.
- Add puree back to soup; chill.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- This soup freezes well.