CROCKPOT GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SOUP
- 6 c
- fresh, trimmed, whole or cut green beans (@ 2 lbs) can use 2 (16 oz) bags frozen cut or whole green beans
- 4 - 6 medium
- red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 8 slice
- bacon, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 can(s)
- cream of potato soup
- soup can of water
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margerine
How to Make CROCKPOT GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SOUP
- 1Spray the Crockpot with cooking spray.
- 2Layer sliced potatoes, sliced onion, green beans and bacon, sprinkling with salt and pepper as you go.
- 3In a medium bowl, add soup and water and whisk until smooth. Pour over mixture in crockpot.
- 4Dot with butter, about 3 tablespoon total.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are tender..
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings.
Replace the green beans and bacon with , 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained and 2 cups cubed ham; or 2 cans sweet peas, drained and a dozen or so pearl onions instead of the large chopped onion.