Creamy Tomato Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 stalk(s)
- 2 Tbsp
- dried basil,
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
- 14 l
- 2 c
- chicken soup base
- 1 l
How to Make Creamy Tomato Soup
- 11 In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add carrots and onion and cook until beginning to soften, 10 minutes, then add basil and cook until vegetables are completely soft, about 5 minutes more.
- 2Add tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes, or up to 45 minutes if time permits.
After allowing soup to cool somewhat, purée in a blender or food processor until smooth, doing so in batches if necessary. For a much silkier texture, at this point i let cool and put in fridge . will do step 4 the next day
Stir in cream little by little over over low heat, until desired texture is reached andthen make a roux to thicken the soup, soup is just heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
- 5Roux) 4 cups of butter and 4 cups of flour
heat better and add flour stir until thick, and slow cook for 20 min. then let cool. Add to hot soup