Creamy Tomato Soup from Grandma Fuller
How to Make Creamy Tomato Soup from Grandma Fuller
- 1Heat tomato juice and onion to boiling over medium heat. Remove onion and discard.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add flour and whisk until smooth. Add hot tomato juice gradually; whisk well after each addition.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in sugar and salt.
- 5Add in cold milk while stirring and return to a boil.
- 6Serve. Garnish with parsley if desired. Can be reheated: will not curdle.