Creamy Tomato Soup from Grandma Fuller
How to Make Creamy Tomato Soup from Grandma Fuller
- Heat tomato juice and onion to boiling over medium heat. Remove onion and discard.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add flour and whisk until smooth. Add hot tomato juice gradually; whisk well after each addition.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sugar and salt.
- Add in cold milk while stirring and return to a boil.
- Serve. Garnish with parsley if desired. Can be reheated: will not curdle.