Creamy, Dreamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 lb
- broccoli, bunch (cut in small bites)
- 1 stick
- 1 small
- onion (chopped)
- 2 clove
- garlic (minced)
- 6 Tbsp
- 32 oz
- chicken broth (i use better than bullion)
- 12 oz
- evaporated milk
- 1 lb
- pasturized cheese (such as velveta) cut into small squares
How to Make Creamy, Dreamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1In an almost large pot, steam your broccoli for 10 min and set aside. Dump out water and return pot to stove.
- 2On medium heat melt butter and sauté onions until tender (approx 5 min). Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add flour and stir continually for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add chicken broth and stir until thick. Add evaporated milk that you have poured into a 2 cup measuring cup filled the rest of the way to the line with water. Stir until it begins to bubble. Turn off heat and take off of burner and then add steamed broccoli and cheese. Stir until melted and enjoy!
- 4Serves 4 big eaters or 6 - 8 regular eaters.