Cream of Cauliflower Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cchicken stock
1 1/2 tspflour
1 1/2 cmilk
1 Tbspchopped chives
1/8 tspwhite pepper
·bread crumbs, browned in butter
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Break cauliflower into florets.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add cauliflower to broth and simmer 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Melt butter and add flour to make roux, but do not brown. Cook 10 minutes over low heat until flour taste disappears.
- Remove cauliflower from stock.
- Add cooked roux to stock gradually, stirring until thickened and smooth.
- Heat milk and cream together.
- Chop cauliflower.
- Add milk mixture, chopped cauliflower, chives, salt and pepper. Stir; heat and serve. Garnish with bread crumbs.