★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 ccanned corn
2 Tbsponion, chopped
1/4 tspwhite pepper
1/8 tspground ginger
!/2 tspwhole celery seed
3 slicebacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
How to Make Country Corn Chowder
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Blend in flour, add milk all at once, stirring constantly.
- Heat to boil, stirring frequently.
- Add corn, onion, salt, pepper, ginger and celery seed.
- Cook, uncovered over low heat 20 minutes.
- Beat eggs.
- Add 1 cup hot mixture to eggs.
- Return to soup, cook 3 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.