Chunky Tomato and Artichoke Soup
- 1-14 oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes drained, juices reserved (i like muir glen but any will do)
- 1 medium
- yellow onion diced
- 2 clove
- garlic minced
- 1-7.5 oz jar(s)
- quartered marinated artichoke hearts drained and diced
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 2 tsp
- dill weed
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- shredded gruyere cheese (use as much as you'd like)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Chunky Tomato and Artichoke Soup
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees
- 2Drain and reserve juices of canned tomatoes and spread drained tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast tomatoes until caramelized, about 15-20 minutes.
- 3In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onions until softened (10 min) adding garlic in the last couple of minutes.
- 4Add roasted tomatoes and baking sheet drippings into onion and garlic mixture along with the reserved tomato juice, chicken broth, artichokes and bay leaf. Simmer for about 20 minutes
- 5Add heavy cream and dill, stir and bring up to simmer. Turn stove top off.
- 6Spoon soup into oven safe serving sized bowls, cover with croutons and shredded gruyere cheese. Place under broiler for about 7 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.