Chilled Sonoma Tomato Vegetable Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- tomatoes, peeled, blanched and seeded
- english cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 4 large
- red bell peppers, seeded
- celery stalks
- 1/2 medium
- 1 small
- jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 c
- tomato juice
- 7 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c
- herbs of choice, fresh and chopped
How to Make Chilled Sonoma Tomato Vegetable Soup
- 1NOTE: Ideal herbs for this recipe include a mix of Italian parsley, chives, cilantro and tarragon.
- 2Cut tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, celery and onion into 1-inch pieces; place in a stainless-steel bowl along with jalapeno and serrano chiles.
- 3Add tomato juice, vinegar and olive oil; season lightly with salt and peppers, the cover and refrigerate.
- 4Place the mixture in a food processor and mince until the vegetables are fine but still have some texture to them; return the mixture to bowl, add the chopped herbs and correct the seasonings to taste.
- 5Chill and serve in cold bowls.