Chick Pea and Spinach Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeonion, chopped
4garlic cloves, minced
1 cmilk, skim
16 ozchickpeas, drained and rinsed
5 cspinach, fresh
1 tspcurry powder
How to Make Chick Pea and Spinach Soup
- Saute the onion and garlic, covered, over low heat (they will cook in their own juices) until the onion is translucent.
- Add the milk and raise heat to medium, and cook just until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to prevent boiling over, add chickpeas, spinach, and spices, and continue to cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted; remove from heat.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the soup into a blender or food processor and puree; return puree to soup, stir well, and serve hot.
- Rinse spinach in warm salted water, drain, and shred before using.