Carrot - Ginger Soup
We love this soup for lunch served with a nice salad and club sandwiches.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbcarrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 Tbspunsalted butter
2 in.piecefresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/4 tspgarlic powder
to tastesalt & pepper
4 cvegetable broth
1 1/2 ccarrot juice
1/4 tspthyme, dried
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspcider vinegar
·chopped fresh chives
How to Make Carrot - Ginger Soup
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, and sugar. Cook stirring often until onion is tender but not browned about 5 to 7 minutes
- Increase heat to high and add carrots, vegetable broth, 3/4 cup carrot juice, thyme, and baking soda and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until carrots are very tender about 25 minutes.
- Process soup in a blender until it is smooth.
- Place processed soup in a large clean pot.
- Stir in vinegar and remaining 3/4 cup carrot juice.
- Return to simmer over medium heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped chives if desired.
- Note: I usually serve this with seasoned croutons.