★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 lb
- carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp
- ground coriander
- 2 c
- vegetable stock ( i use 1 knorr vegetable bouillion cube dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
- 1 bunch
- fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- croutons for topping, if desired
How to Make Carrot & Coriander Soup
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften
- 2Stir in the ground coriander and season well. Cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- 4Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.